- Why is it Important to Seal Block Paving?
Many people don’t realise that their hardy block paving maintains its longevity due to properly being sealed. It helps stabilise sand jointing, and can also protect against staining along with improved abrasion and impact resistance prolonging the life of your block paving. Not to mention it limits the growth of algae and unwanted weeds.
Sealing your block paving not only protects it, it can enhance the colour and prevent fading. You can choose from natural look, subtle sheen, or glossy finishes.
Our Block Paving and imprinted concrete sealer does just these things, and is easy to apply by brush, roller or spray, and because it is solvent based, it dries quickly to a tough, glossy finish. Shop here.Continue reading →
- 5 Reasons to Use Paving for a Patio
Creating a patio is easy when you use pavers! You can choose from a variety of materials to get the look you want, and it’s a lot easier than building a deck from wood.
- Design – You can get creative with the size and shape of your patio with paving slabs. Circles and squares while timeless might not look the best with your space, instead you might have more of a kidney bean shape to make the most of your garden. With an experienced paving installer possibilities are almost endless!
- Longevity – Wooden decks often rot or break down in time. If properly looked after and sealed your paving slabs will be in great condition for a number of years. Many of our sealants are made to last, or be built upon so there’s no need to strip them before applying new sealant.
- More Space – Creating a paved area can create a usable area that otherwise may not have been suitable due to it not being level; such as a place for a table and chairs, hot tub, or flat surface to put heaters and canopies on.
- Low Maintenance – Simply pressure wash your paving or use moss and algae remover as needed to keep your paving area looking great all year round. No mowing or structural fixing needed!
- Increase Propert Value – People love low maintenance gardens, and outdoor areas that can be useful. Your new paved area can create a fantastic return when you come to sell your home.
Have you installed a paved patio? We have a great range of products to help you take care of it to ensure you get the most out of your outside space.Continue reading →
- Magic Sand for Easy Paving Installation
Just mix one tub of our Magic Sand liquid with one bag of kiln dried sand (you supply the sand) -brush the Magic Sand mix into the joints and watch it set.
Pointing paving joints can be time consuming which means time you can be spent on other jobs! Our Magic Sand is easy to mix and install.
- No more mixing wet mortar
- No more cement stains
- No waiting for mortar to dry
- No more pointing the joints in paving
- Can be sealed over immediately
Although this product is designed for external paving, it works just as well on internal paving with most natural stone products.
Our heavy duty sealer is great for sealing everything together for a perfect finish.
Find Magic Sand here.Continue reading →
- Seal Your Internal Tiles Without Changing Their Appearance
Even after ageing your surface won’t change colour or texture once Invisiseal is applied. Invisiseal allows moisture ‘out’ whilst preventing oil, grease and dirt stains from penetrating. Invisiseal is not a silicone pore blocker nor is it a sealant/coating – both of which work by blocking the capillaries (pores) in the surface.
Easy maintenance, all you need to do is sweep regularly to remove abrasive dirt and grit from surface and mop or hose daily using clean water. A mild detergent can be hand applied to heavy stains. Spills and marks should be wiped up/cleaned off and not allowed to dry on. With the proper care you’re surface can last indefinitely!
A proven product already used on major projects such as Liverpool One, Bolton City Centre, National Trust properties. Shop here.Continue reading →
- Restore and Decorate Concrete with Smart Colour Stain
NewLook® SmartColour Stain™ is a water-based, premium quality concrete colour stain used to add colours, patterns and unique decorative effects to previously coloured surfaces or to rejuvenate old, tired-looking concrete. Multi coat applications are used to build visual textures, faux effects, veining, etc.
The possibilities are as endless as your imagination. Create fun graphics, designs, or just give new life into existing concrete. It is ideal for interior floors, architectural design projects, civic buildings, shopping areas and any projects requiring a coloured, decorative floor or paved area with hard wearing properties.
An easy to use water based non-acid stain that penetrates the surface of porous concrete, staining to almost any desired colour with a strong bond – no stripping, flaking or peeling & no solvent smells. It will even recolour dark to light!
With over 20 different colours, you’re sure to find the perfect combination for your project. Find out more information and shop here.Continue reading →
- Prepare your Concrete for Best Results
Preparation is the most critical step in any decorative concrete installation process. You want to make sure you remove any coating, dirt, grease or foreign substance to make sure our decorate coatings will penetrate and bond with the concrete.
We have invested many years into researching and developing the highest quality solutions used to clean and prepare your concrete to make sure you start with the best canvas possible.
Our Surface degreaser and oil removed is and economical, effective cleaner that removes grease, oil, adhesive, floor polish, transmission fluid, release agent and other foreign substances from concrete, masonry and many other surfaces. You can even use it on your ovens and it smells like oranges!
We also have other removers on our website. Shop our range of products here.Continue reading →
- Make Your Outdoor Paving Last
We have developed our AdSeal Stone Protector to give outstanding results on natural materials such as Stone, Slate, Travetine, Terracotta, and even Clay. Developed by our own specialist design team, along with consultant organic chemists, this fantastic product offers ease of installation with considerably improved performance and longevity.
First class inter-coat adhesion allows one coat to follow the last with just a few minutes, not hours, meaning you can get the job done quickly and efficiently. For a matt, colour enhancing finish simply apply one coat, or two coats for a delicate sheen.
The Stone and Slate Protector prevents staining and adds a protective coating keeping your hardscaping looking fresh all year long.
Our special formula gives a really hardwearing and long lasting finish on:
- Stone & Slate
- Indian Sandstone
- Limestone & Marble
- Terrazzo & Travertine
- Most porous natural products
- Unglazed tiles, etc
- And even clay pavers
Shop on our website here to purchase our stone and slate protector, available in 5, 20 and 25 litres.Continue reading →
- Visit us at Professional Builder Live! This June
We will be at Professional Builder Live! at the Yorkshire event Centre in Harrogate the 13th and 14th of June.
Come find out about our professional quality sealants, solvents and other products for both trade and residential jobs.
Our expert staff will be on hand to answer all your questions about all things hardscaping.Continue reading →
- AdSeal Internal products are now becoming extremely popular.
AdSeal Internal range is now becoming extremely popular as it has several advantages over the ‘established’ brands.
- Excellent coverage rates
- Very competitively prices
- and the most important – it does NOT need stripping before recoating in years to come – just clean off and apply another coat. These fantastic Adseal products do the rest – they are designed to chemically bond one coat to the next and form one continuous coat..
- Ease of maintenance & hard wearing properties = a huge saving in ongoing mainteneance & whole life costs.
- Resin Bonded Stone
Resin Bonded Stone is an excellent decorative overlay for concrete or tarmac. At the request of the Trade we have been carrying out trials over the past 12 months and have launched this high quality product at the UK Concrete Expo in Coventry in February – see details in the External Products section.Continue reading →